Saturday, January 19, 2013

Birthday Boy: Logan Lerman


The adorable Logan Lerman turns 21 today sharing his birthday with my dad and looking as youthful as he has always been. He impressed many people this past year, me included, playing the lead character in Stephen Chbosky's critically-acclaimed film adaptation of his own novel The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Now I haven't revealed my own list of favorite film performances of the past year, but "spoiler alert" Lerman makes my Best Actor shortlist.

Lerman has been acting since he was age 8 playing one of Mel Gibson's young sons in The Patriot and then playing a younger version of Gibson's character in What Women Want. So I guess say what you want about Gibson, but he's best friends with Jodie Foster and seemed to have given young Lerman his start in Hollywood. It wasn't until Lerman was cast in The CW's short-lived Jack & Bobby series that I finally noticed him playing the young boy who would be president some day. The next time I would see him would be playing the title lead in Percy Jackson & the Olympians and I think that movie was better than it had any right to be partly due to him. Unfortunately, he couldn't do the same in the woeful The Three Muskeeters where he played D'Artangan. Apparently, he's really good in 3:10 to Yuma, but I still haven't seen it.


He's set to appear in Darren Aronofsky's Noah and to star in Marc Webb's The Only Living Boy in New York. Before both of those, however, he'll show up in the Percy Jackson sequel later this summer, which I have no real shame in saying I will be seeing in theaters.

1 comment:

  1. Logan Lerman is the favorite of every gay boy on the internet. He's twinky cute and has those adorable blue eyes. Honestly, if he had no talent, he would still be famous.

    But as it is, he's filled with talent. Happy Birthday, Logan (I'm a gay fan too)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!