Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday Boy: Dan Stevens


My favorite male character on Downton Abbey is the pragmatic, stubborn, and romantic Matthew Crawley played by British actor Dan Stevens who celebrates his 30th birthday today. Of course most of that is because his chemistry and scenes with Michelle Dockery are off-the-charts awesome, but he's talented all by his lonesome. I actually first saw him in the much recommended miniseries The Line of Beauty a few years ago way before his Downton days and he impressed me there as well. Playing gay and looking pretty in the film also helped make me a big fan of his early on. Easy to please me really.

The third season of the Emmy Award winning Downton Abbey is currently airing in Britain at the moment and Stevens will also appear in the comedy film Vamps next month from the director and writer of Clueless. Of course, I'm much more looking forward to seeing him on Broadway in a few weeks in The Heiress where he'll act alongside Jessica Chastain and David Strathairn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!