Wednesday, October 21, 2009

SYTYCD: The Top 20

It was just less than three months ago when the fifth season of So You Think You Can Dance ended and here we are already with another 20 dancers fighting for the crown in this first-ever fall edition of the show. Since I was a bit disappointed last season, I have generally high hopes this year and from the looks of it, it seems as if the judges picked really talented and dynamic dancers.

So without further a due, here is the list of the Top 20 and my very preliminary thoughts on a few of them:

[x] Phillip Attmore, Tap
[x] Billy Bell, Contemporary - He made Adam Shankman cry during his final solo in Las Vegas. He's quite young, but I think I'm looking forward to see how he grows in the competition.
[x] Channing Cooke, Contemporary
[x] Ariana DeBose, Contemporary
[x] Ashleigh Di Llelo, Ballroom - She makes it in on a technicality and she has yet to impress me unlike her husband. I do hope they are not partnered up. That would be unfair.
[x] Ryan Di Llelo, Ballroom - Way better dancer than his wife and a personal favorite of mine.
[x] Russell Ferguson, Krump - He's the first ever krumper to make it in and he's so much fun. Can't wait to see him excel.
[x] Mollee Gray, Jazz
[x] Karen Hauer, Ballroom - She was one of the first auditions this season and I immediately fell in like with her. Haven't seen her much since, but yay for being in top 20!
[x] Kevin Hunte, Hip-Hop
[x] Jakob Karr, Contemporary
[x] Noelle Marsh, Contemporary
[x] Pauline Mata, Jazz
[x] Kathryn McCormick, Contemporary - Don't know much about her, but does she cry! I hope that doesn't happen too often.
[x] Jonathan "Legacy" Perez, Hip Hop - I'm sure he's a nice guy, but for some reason I'm not really warmed up to him yet. His solos are sick though. Sick.
[x] Bianca Revels, Tap - She's 1 of 3 tappers this season, a SYTYCD first. She's my favorite out of the lot, though...
[x] Peter Sabasino, Tap - I really like him, too!
[x] Ellenore Scott, Jazz
[x] Victor Smalley, Contemporary
[x] Nathan Trasoras, Contemporary - A fantastic dancer and my early pick to win and to root for to the end.

So right now I already have "favorites," but I won't really know who to cheer for until their second-week performance. Here's hoping for an exciting season full of unforgettable routines and someone I can obsessed over the next few weeks (or months).

Though I'm already missing Mia Michaels. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!