Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sarah Michelle Gellar Wins People's Choice Awards


The People Choice Awards were held last night. I didn't watch, because there are only so many hours in a day and who really cares what the "people" think. But there were still a few well-deserved winners like The Good Wife taking home Favorite Network TV Drama and Orange is the New Black the top choice for Favorite Streaming Series. It's also hilarious that Breaking Bad, which aired its final episode just a few months ago, won Favorite Series We Miss Most. See a complete list of winners here.

My favorite win though was Sarah Michelle Gellar for Favorite Actress in a New TV Series. It was a great moment not because I really thought she deserved this particular award (see Keri Russell, Tatiana Maslany, Taylor Schilling, Lizzy Caplan, etc.), but because it's always good when an under appreciated and under-rewarded actor gets their due. She highlighted this sentiment by touchingly paying tribute to Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the show that catapulted her as a TV icon. The quote and video are below:
For seven years, I had the privilege to be a part of one of the most amazing television shows and I've never gotten a chance to publicly thank them--the cast, the crew, and all the fans of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So thank you.


To say I was emotionally overwhelmed after seeing the clip above would probably be understating it. Buffy the Vampire Slayer remains my favorite show ever and I'm just glad its star is still so appreciative after all of these years. And you know what, she's pretty great in her new show The Crazy Ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!