Monday, December 9, 2013

The cold never bothered me anyway

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry
Here I stand
And here I stay
Let the storm rage on


I saw Disney's latest animated feature Frozen this past weekend and the songs are still playing on loop in my head. The one playing the most often is of course the soon-to-be Oscar nominated "Let It Go" performed by the luminous Idina Menzel. Lots of people are calling it the film's "Defying Gravity" song and it's hard to argue with them. Both songs are kickass power ballads sung by Menzel as her character learn to accept who she is. It's breathtaking by itself, but in the context of the film, it's probably even better. Thankfully Disney decided to upload the full scene from the film on YouTube for everyone to see:


Now excuse me as I watch this a couple more times.

My power flurries through the air into the ground
My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals all around
And one thought crystalizes like an icy blast
I'm never going back,
The past is in the past

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!