Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Looking Forward To...


Short Term 12
Release: August 23, 2013
Distributor: Cinedigm Entertainment
Director: Destin Cretton
Starring: Brie Larson, John Gallager Jr., Kaitlyn Dever, and Rami Malek

This movie has been so below my radar, I didn't even know until I was making this post that John Gallagher Jr. and Rami Malek were in the film! It came to my attention when Nathaniel over at his blog started talking the film up especially with regards to Brie Larson's performance. That's really all it took for me. I don't even really know what the film is about, but then again I try to know as little as I can with certain films so I could be pleasantly surprised when I actually see it.


Above and below are four alternate posters for the film designed by artist Caitlin Craggs. In designing the poster for the film, Craggs had this to say:
Set almost entirely on a nondescript, institutional campus, the magic of Short Term 12 lies in the transformative moments between characters— grimaces, jokes, hugs and tears. My hope was to capture the tumult and frustration, as well as the warmth and sense of community for those at ST12 through simple, almost child-like illustrations, alluding to the coming-of-age narratives that underpin the film.


If anything, these posters and Cragg's statement just made me even more intrigued for the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!