Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Brokeback Mountain Turns 10

http://sortaryan.tumblr.com/post/134897880387/rideitslut-brokeback-mountain-2005-dir-ang

Brokeback Mountain turns 10 years today. I think I've seen the film just three times. Twice when it came out and another time when I bought the DVD years later. I actually saw it a couple months before its release since my college got a hold of it somehow so I first saw it in a grand room with a bunch of college students. Oh and I cried... and cried.... and cried. Probably why I've only seen it three times, because in a lot of ways it still feels so raw and that's kudos to everyone involved especially Oscar-winning director Ang Lee, screenwriters Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana, and composer Gustavo Santaolalla. And of course the incomparable cast of Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams, and Anne Hathaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!