Saturday, July 25, 2015

Shut Up and Dance!

Happy National Dance Day everyone! Of course if you're not a regular watcher of So You Think You Can Dance, you might be going... huh? National Dance Day was officially launched in 2010 by Nigel Lythgoe, a producer of the show, and got congressional support from Eleanor Holmes Norton to promote dance education and physical fitness. National Dance Day is observed on the last Saturday in July.


In honor of the day, I present to you a video combining a few things that I love: movies, people dancing in movies, movie montages, and Walk the Moon's "Shut Up and Dance," which IMO is the clear Song of the Summer this year.



Such a fun mash-up of movie moments and song. Incidentally, one of my favorite parts of the video is how perfectly timed the music is to Christine Baranski's twirl from Mamma Mia at around the 1:23 mark. But there's so many memorable moments. Maybe next year, I'll do a ranking of my favorite dance moments in film. Let's see, there's Dirty Dancing of course... and Billy Elliot and... hm... what else? Yeah, I'll save it for next year! Find the time to dance today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!