Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My Emmy Ballot: TV Series

So this is it. Tomorrow Mindy Kaling (of course) and Carson Daly (he's still around?) will be announcing the Emmy Awards bright and early. I've become so used to feeling disappointed with their nominations that it's no wonder I take the exercise of picking my own so seriously. With that said, there's ALWAYS hope up until they actually announce the nominations so best of luck to your and my favorites! Onwards to my ballot for best TV series...

Disclaimer: Even though they only nominate 5-6 shows, voters are asked to pick "no more than 10" shows they "feel worthy of nomination." So I'll be picking 10, but making sure to highlight the 6 shows making up my top choices.


COMEDY SERIES
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Orange is the New Black
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Shameless
  • Trophy Wife
  • Veep
  • Community
  • Enlisted
  • Girls
  • Looking

I'm hopeful that my top picks will be well-represented tomorrow especially the much-hyped Orange is the New Black and Golden Globe champ Brooklyn Nine-Nine (as well as Emmy favorite Veep). I'm praying that they also find room for Parks and Recreation once again, but they've sadly ignored it the past couple of years. And can Shameless' change of a category help it at all? Probably not with Big Bang Theory and Modern Family in the wings. Looking looks more likely actually, but I still won't hold my breath.

Alternates: How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, The Mindy Project, The Crazy Ones


DRAMA SERIES
  • Breaking Bad
  • Game of Thrones
  • The Good Wife
  • Hannibal
  • Mad Men
  • Orphan Black
  • Agents of SHIELD
  • The Americans
  • House of Cards
  • Masters of Sex

My only wish (other than the TV Academy realizing True Detective shouldn't even be considered in this category) is they nominate The Good Wife which frankly had its best season and that's saying a lot. Of course Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones will be nominated and I'll be very happy for them, but I'd be ecstatic to see them think outside the box: Orphan Black. Hannibal. Yes. And to everyone trying to figure out if my Agents of SHIELD pick is real... yes, yes it is. Do you really think a Joss Whedon show that pulled itself together in the second half of the season wouldn't have been on my list? If so, then you don't know me at all.

Alternates: Sleepy Hollow, Vikings, Turn, The Walking Dead

Check out my previous ballots for the acting categories:

Below is the tally of nominations I gave out to various shows (just series and acting nominations):

Hannibal - 7
Orange is the New Black - 7
Breaking Bad - 5
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - 5
Game of Thrones - 5
Veep - 5

Not surprisingly Orange is the New Black got the most with 7, but more interestingly Hannibal tied it! More below...

The Good Wife - 4
Mad Men - 4
Masters of Sex - 4
Parks and Recreation - 4
Shameless - 4
Trophy Wife - 4
Looking - 3
Orphan Black - 3
The Americans - 2
Mindy Project - 2
Sleepy Hollow - 2
Vikings - 2
Community
Cougar Town
Enlisted
Girls
Glee
House of Cards
How I Met Your Mother
Mom
New Girl
Once Upon A Time
Sleepy Hollow

Supernatural
Teen Wolf
Walking Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!