Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wednesday TV Report: Water Pistol & Dr. Pepper


Modern Family - As part of the top 10 of 2010, I have high expectations for this show and unfortunately the last two episodes before the holiday break were less than stellar. Fortunately, they did deliver one of their good episodes last night so I guess all is well that ends well. I think one of the reasons why I really liked it was my enjoyment of all of the storylines which hasn't been a given this season as it was last season. James Marsden was a hoot and so was Phil trying to keep Claire away from his new client. Also, Luke and Gloria need more scenes together. Him teaching her how to ride the bike via a water pistol is a little bit genius.

Cougar Town - Other than the blatant product placement of Dr. Pepper, which actually wasn't SO bad upon re-watch, I definitely enjoyed having the cul-de-sac crew back in my life. I admit I squeed a bit when Grayson said "I love you" to Jules, which is odd since I never felt totally invested in their relationship. Or at least I thought I didn't. Laurie's order at the end was fantastic as is the nice way they've been integrating Travis (and his college life) without it feeling too forced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Feel free to drop me a line. Instead of being Anonymous though, pick a name. Any name would do. Thanks again!